LightSail offers students a truly personalized reading experience while providing educators with the daily data needed to inform instruction and drive deeper learning. LightSail’s literacy software embeds instructional tools and assessments into the very best books, delivering instant, actionable data and accelerating student growth. Only LightSail combines content from more than 400 publishers with instructional tools for educators, including formative assessments with every text. With hundreds of schools and tens of thousands of students reading on its platform, LightSail is one of the fastest growing literacy solutions in K-12.
As part of the Instruction Team, the Instructional Coach will be responsible for supporting the implementation of a quickly growing industry leader within the education technology field. The Instructional Coach must possess strong written and oral communication skills, a fierce attention to detail, and an ability to work in a fastpaced, deadline-driven environment. The Instructional Coach must have a strong belief in educational equality and the idea that all students can be successful. The Instructional Coach will report to the Managing Director of Academics, and the intended start date is on or before July 10, 2017.
The position is based in Los Angeles, CA. The position will involve significant travel throughout California and often require travel outside the state.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Train and prepare teachers and administrators to successfully implement LightSail within their schools
- Coach schools in developing best practices for data-driven literacy instruction
- Analyze data to determine next steps for schools
- Provide ongoing support to LightSail schools through teaching model lessons, meeting with teachers and administrators, and using similar on-site and distance-based support strategies
- Support LightSail and school technology teams with application installation, hardware best practices, and wireless network audit
- Develop and maintain relationships with school-based educators to support ongoing LightSail instruction
- Assist in the preparation and revision of materials for demonstrations, trainings, and deployment
- Support in developing and refining internal processes, practices, and quality standards
- Assist with ad hoc tasks related to the successful deployment and support of schools, as led by the Managing Director of Academics
This is an extraordinary opportunity for a former teacher with 2 or more years of classroom experience. Successful candidates will have demonstrated an aptitude for working in a fast-changing and highly collaborative environment, an ability to implement feedback in real time, a strong sense of organization and independent task management, and a firm grasp on classroom strategies.
- A strong sense of learning, both self-driven and through feedback
- Superb communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills with high attention to detail
- Highly self-motivated, with a willingness to work outside of business hours and travel on weekends, when needed
- Tech savvy, with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve basic hardware and software issues