Operations Analyst – Temporary Hire
LightSail Education brings literacy experts and seasoned technologists together under the guidance of successful software entrepreneurs to develop and refine Common Core State Standards- aligned products that address critical educational challenges with measurably effective strategies.
As part of the Operations Team, the Operations Analyst – Temporary Hire will be responsible for supporting daily administrative tasks and customer account setup for a quickly growing industry leader within the education technology field. The Operations Analyst – Temporary Hire must possess strong written and oral communication skills, a fierce attention to detail, and an ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. This can be either a full-time or part-time paid role requiring at least 24 hours per week (3 full days on site), with possible extension into a permanent position for successful employees. Hourly compensation is commensurate based on experience.
The position is based in New York, NY.
CORE FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with customer account setup, including collecting student user data, coordinating e-library setup, and scheduling teacher training sessions
- Support school technology setup through capacity planning for hardware and Wi-Fi stability and troubleshooting
- Support data analysis and reporting as needed
- Assist with management of third party vendors
- Assist with ad hoc projects related to the successful deployment and support of schools, as led by the Director of Operations
This is an extraordinary opportunity for college seniors, graduate students, or entry-level candidates with administrative and customer service experience. Successful candidates will have demonstrated an aptitude for working in a fast-changing and highly collaborative environment, a strong sense of organization and a keen attention to detail. Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Google Drive is required; database experience is strongly desired. Experience in the education sector is recommended but not required.
- A strong sense of learning, both self-driven and through feedback
- Superb communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills with high attention to detail
- Highly self-motivated and responsible with a willingness to work outside of business hours and travel across NYC boroughs
- Tech savvy with practical experience in cloud-based solutions and technologies
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve basic hardware and software issues
To apply, you must send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and with “Name — Operations Analyst – Temporary Hire” in the subject line. You may address your cover letter to Operations Senior Manager, Shawn Sendar.
LightSail Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse work team.LightSail Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse work team.