LightSail, lightsailed.com, offers students a truly personalized reading experience while providing educators with the daily data needed to inform instruction and drive deeper learning. LightSail’s literacy software embeds instructional tools and assessments into the very best books, delivering instant, actionable data and accelerating student growth. Only LightSail combines content from more than 400 publishers with instructional tools for educators, including formative assessments with every text. With hundreds of schools and hundreds of thousands of students reading on its platform, LightSail is one of the fastest growing literacy solutions in K-12.
As part of the LightSail sales team, the Partnership Associate is responsible for generating sales opportunities throughout the country and assisting LightSail’s sales team. The Partnership Associate must possess strong organizational and communication skills, have a strong attention to detail, be a self-starter, and be able to work independently in an extremely fluid, fast-paced, and deadline-driven environment. The successful candidate will have a strong desire to be in sales and not hesitant to cold call extensively into prospective clients. Compensation is commensurate based on experience. The Partnership Associate will report to the Chief Partnership Officer.
The position will be based out of LightSail’s office in New York, NY.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Hit specific sales goals and develop strong relationships in predominantly call-only states throughout the U.S.
- Assist in state specific initiatives that will include phone and email communication
- Proactively engage current customers and assist with the renewal process
- Prepare background information for and plan sales trips with Directors of District Partnerships
- Work with internal departments to provide additional sales support when needed
- Qualify leads and assist with cold calling into geographic areas that need development
- Maintain updated pipeline with ability to accurately forecast sales opportunities each month
This is an extraordinary opportunity for candidates with a bachelor’s degree and at least one year of sales experience preferred. Salesforce knowledge is preferred. Teaching experience is not required but preferred. The Partnership Associate should be willing to travel at least 10% throughout the year.
- Driven to develop into Director of District Partnerships within a year
- Strong interpersonal skills with high attention to detail
- Resourceful, with the confidence to work independently and strong ability to handle multiple tasks
- Highly self-motivated, with a willingness to work outside of business hours
- Superb communication, presentation and organizational skills
To apply, you must send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Name — Partnership Associate”.LightSail Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse work team.