LightSail, www.lightsailed.com, offers students a personalized reading experience while providing educators with the daily data needed to inform instruction and drive deeper learning. LightSail’s literacy software embeds instructional tools and assessments into books, delivering instant, actionable data and accelerating student growth. LightSail combines content from more than 400 publishers with instructional tools for educators, including formative assessments with every text. With hundreds of schools and tens of thousands of students reading on its platform, LightSail is one of the fastest growing literacy solutions in K-12.
As part of the LightSail team, the Sales Administrator will support revenue generation efforts via K-12 school agency institutional sales for a quickly growing industry leader within the education technology field. The Sales Administrator must possess strong analytical and presentation skills, a fierce attention to detail, and the ability to work in an extremely fluid, fast-paced, and deadline-driven environment. Compensation is commensurate based on experience. The Sales Administrator will first report to the Chief Partnerships Officer with additional reporting duties to the Managing Director of Operations.
The position is based in New York, NY, but will require daily communication with remote staff.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Manages the administrative process of closing sales, ensuring that all requisite paperwork is submitted.
- Provides CRM (Salesforce) support including verifying all processes has been met.
- Provides support with lead generation (HubSpot) and helps organize lead generation.
- Helps organize RFP process internally.
- Provides internal support of outside sales reps helping with special projects, email list management, and, support with trips.
- Provides logistical support for regional & national sales events.
- Creates, manages, and analyzes data reports to ensure sales revenue and renewal goals are achieved.
- Works collaboratively with internal departments to refine/improve processes of CRM (Salesforce).
- Manages LightSail pilot sweepstakes, including sending outreach, managing entries and working with operations team on refining process
This is an extraordinary opportunity for candidates with a bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years of data analysis, database management and reporting experience. Strong background preferred in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Salesforce. Prior experience of CRM or Salesforce is preferred.
- A strong sense of learning, both self-driven and through feedback.
- Eager to answer questions with a data-driven approach to decision making.
- Strong interpersonal skills with high attention to detail.
- Resourceful, with the confidence to work independently and persistence to manage up.
- Highly self-motivated, with a willingness to work outside of business hours.
- Superb analytical, presentation and organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills to work with all internal and remote employees.