LightSail, www.lightsailed.com, offers students a truly personalized reading experience while providing educators with the daily data needed to inform instruction and drive deeper learning. LightSail’s literacy software embeds instructional tools and assessments into the very best books, delivering instant, actionable data and accelerating student growth. Only LightSail combines content from more than 400 publishers with instructional tools for educators, including formative assessments with every text. With hundreds of schools and tens of thousands of students reading on its platform, LightSail is one of the fastest growing literacy solutions in K-12.
As part of the Operations team, the Technical Analyst will support customer technology setup and support for a quickly growing industry leader within the education technology field. The Technical Analyst must possess strong written and oral communication skills, a fierce attention to detail, and an ability to work in an extremely fluid, fast-paced, and deadline-driven environment. Compensation is commensurate based on experience. The Technical Analyst will report to the Technical Manager.
The position is based in New York, NY.
CORE FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support school technology setup through hardware, WiFi and application planning and installation.
- Assist with ongoing school technical support, including user configuration, testing, problem identification and resolution, and guidance.
- Create documentation and trainings for technical processes and best practices, supplementing LightSail’s internal knowledgebase and educating our customer base.
- Assist the Development team with app updates, including outlining user requirements, conducting user acceptance testing, providing user feedback and communicating updates to the LightSail customer base.
- Assist with ad hoc projects related to the successful deployment and support of schools.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for candidates with 0-2 years of technology support and maintenance experience. Successful candidates have a proven track record of profile and network management across remote user sites, and experience configuring, installing, and troubleshooting iOS, Android and/or Chromebook devices. Jotforms, Hubspot, Salesforce and/or website development work is a plus; a NYS driver’s license is preferred.
- A strong sense of learning, both self-driven and through feedback.
- Customer-service oriented, with the ability to respond competently and with the appropriate sense of urgency to customer requests.
- Highly self-motivated, willing to work outside of business hours and travel across NYC boroughs.
To apply, you must send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and cc email@example.com, with “Name — Technical Analyst” in the subject line. You may address your cover letter to Operations Manager, Priscilla Melo.LightSail Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse work team.