Inside Sales – Sales Development Representative (SDR)
LightSail Education is a for-profit-with-purpose SaaS enterprise that is committed to creating a world where everyone has the chance to reach their potential through developing literacy.
LightSail’s globally recognized, and award winning educational technology is uniquely positioned to meet the needs and challenges of learners, educators, schools and districts at a time when remote and hybrid learning solutions are being embraced.
The comprehensive, patented literacy platform is standards-aligned, and holistically assesses and nurtures each student on their reading and writing-to-learn journey. Students get access to personalized libraries filled with thousands of engaging, just-right books. Educators get real-time access to meaningful data about student reading, writing, comprehension and LexileⓇ performance.
For more information, visit lightsailed.com
As a member of our dynamic and responsive sales team, you will:
- Qualify new sales opportunities and prospects by responding to inbound leads by telephone, email and video call.
- Generate new sales opportunities and prospects through targeted cold outreach by telephone, email and social media prospecting.
- Engage prospects with passion, product knowledge, professionalism and authenticity to discover their current needs and ignite interest in LightSail’s compelling literacy solution.
- Maintain and update an accurate log of activity in the company CRM system.
- Convey summarized key findings from phone conversations to other members of the sales and marketing team.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional communication skills– both written and verbal– and the ability to build an authentic rapport with teachers, literacy experts, and administrators promptly by phone and email
- Ability to learn quickly and manage multiple priorities and/or projects
- Make virtual presentations to small and large groups
- Driven and resourceful in finding new approaches to ensure your message is resonating with educators and potential clients
- Ability to problem-solve and identify process efficiencies and improvements
- Familiarity and ability to quickly master marketing systems and digital tools including: Zoho, Zoom, Microsoft Office, Google Mail and Suite
Education and Experience
- Suitable qualification and / or experience demonstrating personal capacity and aptitude to meet the expectations of the role.
- At least 3 years of experience in customer centric revenue and lead generation and / or sales roles.
- Education Technology sales experience a plus
- Teaching and/ or Education Experience a plus
Professional / Work Environment
- Remote – US (Eastern Hours)
- Fast paced, can-do attitude team, focussed on success in delivering on its mission to help students and their communities improve their literacy levels.
Job Types: Remote, Contractor, Bonus
Salary and Compensation: Base plus generous commission and bonus structure.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org