A Girl's Guide to Vampires
Authors: MacAlister, Katie
Publisher: HarperCollins e-books
A Girl’s Guide to Vampires is the first book in New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Katie MacAlister’s wonderfully winning Dark Ones series—a perfect blend of sexy and fun that every devoted fan of Lynsay Sand’s popular Argeneau vampire books will want to sink their teeth into.
Joy Randall's Top 5 Tips for Vampire Hunters:
- Location, location, location. Vampires won't be caught dead (ha!) in places like discos, ten-minute lube shops, or Switzerland. Remember, if you wouldn't be there, neither would a bloodsucker.
- Trust your eyes. You know the handsome, annoyingly arrogant, self-assured man in the shadows with long hair and a cleft in his chin? He's your vampire.
- No matter how tempting it might be, do not "accidentally" acquire a paper cut on your finger and suggest your vampire kiss it to make it better.
- Play it cool. Don't offer to accompany your prince of the night on the talk-show circuit, and whatever you do, don't offer him your heart!
- Most of all, remember: being a vampire is nothing to laugh about.
The story of a desperate ghost hunter who stumbles across a dashing bloodsucker who’s looking for eternal love, A Girl’s Guide to Vampires is funny, steamy, sensuous, and surprising—everything anyone could want from a paranormal romance.
Watch the power of
Lightsail in action
SUPPORT GROWING READERS
Immediately Engage Students
Simple intuitive design has classrooms reading within minutes.
Exponentially Grow Reading Time
Students love the LightSail experience and naturally spend more time reading.
Accelerate Literacy Development
Students reading 25 minutes a day on LightSail are seeing 2+ years of Lexile growth in a single year.
LightSail Education is a comprehensive LexileⓇ and standards-aligned,
literacy platform and digital
library. Including multimodal learning functionality and featuring books from leading publishers,
holistically assesses and nurtures each student on their reading and writing-to-learn journey,
elementary, middle, and high school.
Quick & Easy LightSail Tips to Help Prepare Students for Spring Testing
Believe it or not, test prep season is upon us. With just a few adjustments to your normal LightSail reading block, you can use our platform to help students prepare… Read more
From Powwows to Potlatches: Creating a Native American Themed Unit in Rosen-LightSail
November was Native American Heritage Month. Did you know that more than five million people of Native American decent currently live in the United States? The U.S. is home to… Read more
Celebrating Hispanic Heritage & Culture
At Rosen-LightSail, we are committed to celebrating diversity everyday. From September 15th – October 15th, we specifically celebrate National Hispanic Heritage Month by recognizing the contributions of Hispanic and Latinx… Read more
*LightSail offers a 2,000 or a 6,000 title bundle with its student subscriptions. Other titles are available
for individual purchase.