And in Health: A Guide for Couples Facing Cancer Together
||HEA039030, FAM046000, MED011000
9780834828902, Related ISBNs: 0834828901, 161180017X, 9780834828902, 9781611800173
|Number of pages:
Synopsis: This book offers engaging and digestible lessons for couples navigating the life change that a cancer diagnosis brings. Dan Shapiro draws on his more than twenty-five years of clinical work as a health psychologist who has researched and worked with couples facing cancer, and on his own experiences of being both the patient (having and beating Hodgkin’s lymphoma in his twenties) and the supporter/advocate (when his wife was diagnosed with breast cancer) to weave together insights on facing cancer while maintaining a strong relationship. And in Health gives advice in short lessons on the main areas of concern or conflict that can come from life with cancer—from diagnosis to treatment and life post-treatment.
• How to forge yourselves into a powerful team and evade common conflicts
• Dealing with physicians and getting the best care possible, along with tips for navigating the medical world
• Strategies for coping with the emotions that can interfere with your relationship—anger, mood swings, spouse fears, and depression
• Distinguishing between supportive and draining people in your lives, and learning to invite and accept help
• Opening to new types of intimacy and making peace with dependence
LightSail includes up to 6,000 high interest, LexileⓇ aligned book titles with every student subscription. Other titles are available for individual purchase.
Watch the power of
Lightsail in action
SUPPORT GROWING READERS
Immediately Engage Students
Simple intuitive design has classrooms reading within minutes.
Exponentially Grow Reading Time
Students love the LightSail experience and naturally spend more time reading.
Accelerate Literacy Development
Students reading 25 minutes a day on LightSail are seeing 2+ years of Lexile growth in a single year.
LightSail Education is a comprehensive LexileⓇ and standards-aligned,
literacy platform and digital
library. Including multimodal learning functionality and featuring books from leading publishers,
holistically assesses and nurtures each student on their reading and writing-to-learn journey,
elementary, middle, and high school.
*LightSail offers a 2,000 or a 6,000 title bundle with its student subscriptions. Other titles are available
for individual purchase.