Back RX: A 15-Minute-a-Day Yoga- and Pilates-Based Program to End Low Back Pain
Authors: Occhiogrosso, Peter & Vad, Vijay
Publisher: Penguin Publishing Group
Synopsis: The classic program for relieving back pain, revised and updated with the latest innovations in treating pain and maintaining mobility.
Dr. Vijay Vad’s Back Rx program has helped readers with back pain, joint pain, arthritis, and related conditions for decades, using a clinically proven mind-body regimen to reduce pain and painkiller usage. In this expanded edition, Dr. Vad explores the extraordinary innovations in managing pain to restore health and wellness not only to your back, but to your entire body.
In addition to the stretches that are the touchstone of the program, Back Rx includes new information on
• The best overall eating regimen for back pain sufferers, including new guidance on the science of Intermittent Fasting (IF).
• Exercise, including high-intensity interval training (HIIT).
• The use of medical marijuana and CBD oil (cannabidiol) to relieve back pain.
• The safest way to use over-the-counter anti-inflammatory and analgesic drugs, such as ibuprofen and acetaminophen.
• Developments in ergonomics, from furniture to clothes.
• An assessment of the future of back pain relief, including the latest advances in stem cell treatment and electronic stimulation.
• Introduction of the Back Rx app, a powerful self-help tool to enhance compliance and end your pain once and for all.
Including dozens of exercises and poses, all clearly demonstrated in precise photos, Back Rx will put the power to relieve back pain in your hands.