Before the Change: Taking Charge of Your Perimenopause
Authors: Gittleman, Ann Louise
From a renowned nutritionist and author of the bestselling Fat Flush Plan comes a revised and updated edition of the popular alternative guide for taking charge of your perimenopause, filled with up-to-date research, including the latest information on Hormone Replacement Therapy, mood swings, weight gain, and nutrition for women thirty-five and older.
Before the Change offers a gentle, proven, incremental program for understanding your body’s changes and controlling your symptoms during perimenopause—the period of about ten years leading up to menopause—to help you feel great through this vital phase of life. Inside you’ll find:
- A clear explanation of the symptoms of perimenopause and a self-diagnosis quiz;
- Safe and natural alternatives to hormone therapy, including healing vitamins, minerals, herbs, and natural hormones;
- A guide to nutrition and healthy diet, with tips for foods that prevent and alleviate symptoms.
In addition, this revised and updated edition includes:
- An expanded section on the pros and cons of soy as a natural phytoestrogen;
- An expanded discussion of hypothyroidism, its connection to hormonal imbalances, and the best natural treatments;
- A full analysis of HRT, including advice for safely weaning yourself off of synthetic hormones, and an overview of herbal, lifestyle, and diet options and modifications available for women who have had a hysterectomy, have risk factors or a history of breast cancer, osteoporosis, or heart disease.
With this essential do-it-yourself program, say good-bye to hormone havoc simply, safely, and naturally!
Watch the power of
Lightsail in action
SUPPORT GROWING READERS
Immediately Engage Students
Simple intuitive design has classrooms reading within minutes.
Exponentially Grow Reading Time
Students love the LightSail experience and naturally spend more time reading.
Accelerate Literacy Development
Students reading 25 minutes a day on LightSail are seeing 2+ years of Lexile growth in a single year.
LightSail Education is a comprehensive LexileⓇ and standards-aligned,
literacy platform and digital
library. Including multimodal learning functionality and featuring books from leading publishers,
holistically assesses and nurtures each student on their reading and writing-to-learn journey,
elementary, middle, and high school.
Quick & Easy LightSail Tips to Help Prepare Students for Spring Testing
Believe it or not, test prep season is upon us. With just a few adjustments to your normal LightSail reading block, you can use our platform to help students prepare… Read more
From Powwows to Potlatches: Creating a Native American Themed Unit in Rosen-LightSail
November was Native American Heritage Month. Did you know that more than five million people of Native American decent currently live in the United States? The U.S. is home to… Read more
Celebrating Hispanic Heritage & Culture
At Rosen-LightSail, we are committed to celebrating diversity everyday. From September 15th – October 15th, we specifically celebrate National Hispanic Heritage Month by recognizing the contributions of Hispanic and Latinx… Read more
*LightSail offers a 2,000 or a 6,000 title bundle with its student subscriptions. Other titles are available
for individual purchase.