Company Manners: How to Behave in the Workplace in the 90s
||BUS012000, BUS107000, BUS009000
9780307803092, Related ISBNs: 0307803090, 051712792X, 0517880199, 9780307803092, 9780517127926
|Number of pages:
Synopsis: In Company Manners, Lois Wyse gives the ploys, power plays, and protocols that have nothing to do with Emily Post and everything to do with making it to the top in any corporation.
Company Manners will show you:
• How to survive and win despite mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations, shakeouts, and corporate warfare
• How to star as a team player
• How to be good to yourself in order to be better at your work
• How to turn a social event into a business coup
• How to make a one-hour lunch more productive than a two-hour meeting
• How to beat the competition
• How to deal with sex in the office
• How to read body language and unspoken signals
• How to take control of a meeting that isn't going your way
• How to make corporate pressure work for rather than against you
• How to develop your own style for success
In Wyse's no-nonsense style, illustrated with personal anecdotes and insiders' stories, Company Manners is the book for anyone who wants the best of everything in the fast-moving, hard-hitting business world.
LightSail includes up to 6,000 high interest, LexileⓇ aligned book titles with every student subscription. Other titles are available for individual purchase.
Watch the power of
Lightsail in action
SUPPORT GROWING READERS
Immediately Engage Students
Simple intuitive design has classrooms reading within minutes.
Exponentially Grow Reading Time
Students love the LightSail experience and naturally spend more time reading.
Accelerate Literacy Development
Students reading 25 minutes a day on LightSail are seeing 2+ years of Lexile growth in a single year.
LightSail Education is a comprehensive LexileⓇ and standards-aligned,
literacy platform and digital
library. Including multimodal learning functionality and featuring books from leading publishers,
holistically assesses and nurtures each student on their reading and writing-to-learn journey,
elementary, middle, and high school.
*LightSail offers a 2,000 or a 6,000 title bundle with its student subscriptions. Other titles are available
for individual purchase.