Synopsis: Your Guide to Online Genealogy
The internet has made millions of records available to search any time, anywhere. Start finding your ancestors with just a few strokes of a keyboard using the detailed instruction in this book. Inside you'll find:
• An overview of where and how to start your family history research
• Detailed descriptions of the best online databases for family historians
• Hundreds of helpful websites to further your research
• Step-by-step search instructions to help you find exactly what you're looking for
• Chapters dedicated to finding specific records, including birth, marriage and death; census; military; land; and immigration
• Case studies that apply key concepts to real-life searches
• Ideas for connecting with fellow researchers and distant relatives through social media, blogging and newsletters
• Special resources for researching American Indian, African-American and Jewish ancestors
• Plus access to bonus online video demonstrations
If you're curious about who's hanging out in your family tree, there's never been a better time to find out. Get this book, get online and get started today!
LightSail includes up to 6,000 high interest, LexileⓇ aligned book titles with every student subscription. Other titles are available for individual purchase.
Watch the power of
Lightsail in action
SUPPORT GROWING READERS
Immediately Engage Students
Simple intuitive design has classrooms reading within minutes.
Exponentially Grow Reading Time
Students love the LightSail experience and naturally spend more time reading.
Accelerate Literacy Development
Students reading 25 minutes a day on LightSail are seeing 2+ years of Lexile growth in a single year.
LightSail Education is a comprehensive LexileⓇ and standards-aligned,
literacy platform and digital
library. Including multimodal learning functionality and featuring books from leading publishers,
holistically assesses and nurtures each student on their reading and writing-to-learn journey,
elementary, middle, and high school.
*LightSail offers a 2,000 or a 6,000 title bundle with its student subscriptions. Other titles are available
for individual purchase.