Laying Down the Law: The 25 Laws of Parenting to Keep Your Kids on Track, Out of Trouble, and (Pretty Much) Under Control
||Potter/Ten Speed/Harmony/Rodale, Harmony/Rodale, Harmony Rodale
||FAM025000, FAM034000, PSY017000
9781623362881, Related ISBNs: 1579545858, 1623362881, 9781579545857, 9781623362881
|Number of pages:
Synopsis: Laying Down the Law presents 25 no-nonsense rules that teach your kids values and discipline from the inside out
NBC Today show expert Dr. Ruth Peters shares her best and newest advice for helping families restore order and keep the peace with proven, painless methods that once and for all get your children to:
* Understand and follow your family's values
* Do their work when and how YOU want it done--without whining
* Follow your rules, even when their friends don't
* Develop compassion and empathy
Now, you'll know:
* When snooping in their rooms is okay--and how to do it
* When making peace is the WORST thing you can do
* The 5 questions you must ask your teenager every time he leaves the house
* Why your kids should earn their privileges--and how to get them to
LightSail includes up to 6,000 high interest, LexileⓇ aligned book titles with every student subscription. Other titles are available for individual purchase.
Watch the power of
Lightsail in action
SUPPORT GROWING READERS
Immediately Engage Students
Simple intuitive design has classrooms reading within minutes.
Exponentially Grow Reading Time
Students love the LightSail experience and naturally spend more time reading.
Accelerate Literacy Development
Students reading 25 minutes a day on LightSail are seeing 2+ years of Lexile growth in a single year.
LightSail Education is a comprehensive LexileⓇ and standards-aligned,
literacy platform and digital
library. Including multimodal learning functionality and featuring books from leading publishers,
holistically assesses and nurtures each student on their reading and writing-to-learn journey,
elementary, middle, and high school.
*LightSail offers a 2,000 or a 6,000 title bundle with its student subscriptions. Other titles are available
for individual purchase.