Making a Baby: Everything You Need to Know to Get Pregnant
|Bruce, Debra Fulghum & Thatcher, Samuel
|Random House Publishing Group
|FAM034000, HEA041000, HEA024000
9780307487919, Related ISBNs: 0307487911, 0345435435, 0345518772, 9780307487919, 9780345435439
|Number of pages:
Synopsis: You may have waited a long time. You may have tried and tried. Now your chances of having a baby are better than ever!
For ten years, Making a Baby has been the definitive source for couples who want to get pregnant, offering vital information on fertility technology, advances in baby-boosting medications, and cutting-edge medical techniques. Written with compassion and clarity, and now with even more tips on the best ways to prepare the body to get pregnant, this invaluable book, in a newly revised and updated edition, reveals how to protect, increase, and extend your fertility. Inside you’ll find
• the four basic requirements for reproduction
• findings from the Harvard Nurses’ Health Study that explain dietary ways to boost fertility
• breakthrough information connecting insulin levels with ovulation
• updates on the importance of marine omega-3 fatty acids in your baby’s development
• groundbreaking pregnancy advice for women over 35
• news about polycystic ovary syndrome—and the recommended fertility drugs that may temporarily override this condition and boost chances of conception
• what every man should know about his long-term reproductive health, including the most recent findings on male infertility
This detailed, insightful, and meticulously researched book will help guide you to a wonderful new beginning as a parent!
LightSail includes up to 6,000 high interest, LexileⓇ aligned book titles with every student subscription. Other titles are available for individual purchase.
Watch the power of
Lightsail in action
SUPPORT GROWING READERS
Immediately Engage Students
Simple intuitive design has classrooms reading within minutes.
Exponentially Grow Reading Time
Students love the LightSail experience and naturally spend more time reading.
Accelerate Literacy Development
Students reading 25 minutes a day on LightSail are seeing 2+ years of Lexile growth in a single year.
LightSail Education is a comprehensive LexileⓇ and standards-aligned,
literacy platform and digital
library. Including multimodal learning functionality and featuring books from leading publishers,
holistically assesses and nurtures each student on their reading and writing-to-learn journey,
elementary, middle, and high school.
*LightSail offers a 2,000 or a 6,000 title bundle with its student subscriptions. Other titles are available
for individual purchase.