Mindfulness in Motion: Unlock the Secrets of Mindfulness in Motion
|OCC019000, OCC010000, HEA007000
9781780288864, Related ISBNs: 1780285817, 1780288867, 9781780285818, 9781780288864
|Number of pages:
Synopsis: Discover a life of ease and joy through Body in Mind Training, a groundbreaking program focused on movement-based mindfulness
Written by neuroscientist and mindfulness expert Dr. Tamara Russell, Mindfulness in Motion presents a new approach to mindfulness that is practiced not by sitting still but by engaging with the moving body. It is the only book to explain why moving meditation is the best way of ‘rewiring’ the brain, teaching it to focus on the present moment. Russell's simple exercises are designed to be accessible to everyone, including those who can’t seem to find time for practice, and those who have struggled with traditional Zen-inspired mindfulness.
This book will guide you step by step through Dr. Tamara Russell’s Body in Mind Training (BMT) program, a unique approach to secular mindfulness that uses the moving body as the main meditation tool. The message is simple: getting out of your head and into your body is the key to a happier, healthier life. Chapter by chapter, the book explores the five principles of movement-based mindfulness:
• Pause: In order to hear your body, you have to slow down and listen to its voice—this is the starting point for BMT mindfulness practice.
• Intention: Setting your intention before you act can dramatically increase your ability to achieve what you want in life.
• Attention: You can detect the mind-wandering habits that hold you back and use your attention to create more space for the things that really matter.
• Understanding Me: It’s possible to tame your unruly ‘mental monkeys’ and create new neural pathways in your brain to help you to realize your full potential.
• Compassion: Facing and accepting your own difficult experiences can profoundly transform your relationship with life.
With easy-to-follow exercises, step-by-step photographs, clear brain diagrams, and a host of practical tips, this book offers all the tools you need to start living in your body. With a little focus, determination, and practice, you too can experience the amazing benefits of mindfulness.
LightSail includes up to 6,000 high interest, LexileⓇ aligned book titles with every student subscription. Other titles are available for individual purchase.
Watch the power of
Lightsail in action
SUPPORT GROWING READERS
Immediately Engage Students
Simple intuitive design has classrooms reading within minutes.
Exponentially Grow Reading Time
Students love the LightSail experience and naturally spend more time reading.
Accelerate Literacy Development
Students reading 25 minutes a day on LightSail are seeing 2+ years of Lexile growth in a single year.
LightSail Education is a comprehensive LexileⓇ and standards-aligned,
literacy platform and digital
library. Including multimodal learning functionality and featuring books from leading publishers,
holistically assesses and nurtures each student on their reading and writing-to-learn journey,
elementary, middle, and high school.
*LightSail offers a 2,000 or a 6,000 title bundle with its student subscriptions. Other titles are available
for individual purchase.