One Mind: How Our Individual Mind is Part of a Greater Consciousness and Why it Matters
||SEL021000, OCC019000, OCC014000
9781401943820, Related ISBNs: 1401943152, 1401943772, 1401943829, 9781401943158, 9781401943776
|Number of pages:
Synopsis: Imagine a united consciousness, an awareness of which all of our minds are a part . . . and a potential way out of the division, greed, and destruction that threaten to engulf our world.
In the 20th century, we were introduced to several subdivisions of the mind: the conscious, unconscious, subconscious, preconscious, and so on. But what we didn't know was that there was another level of consciousness, an all-encompassing, infinite dimension of shared intelligence: the One Mind. This universal consciousness connects all of us through space and time. Even now, as you read these words, you are participating in the One Mind.
Emerging studies have shown that the One Mind isn't just an idea; it's a reality. In this book, Larry Dossey shares compelling research that supports the One Mind concept. These cases include experiences of:
· Shared thoughts, emotions, and physical sensations with a distant individual
· Communication between humans and sentient nonhumans, such as pets
· Large groups of animals-flocks, schools, herds-behaving in highly coordinated ways
· Acquisition of previously unknown knowledge from a person who has died
· Hidden or lost objects found through mental means alone
· Direct contact with a transcendent domain through near-death experiences
Through engaging stories, fascinating case studies, and brilliant insights from great thinkers throughout history, One Mind explores the outer reaches of human consciousness. In it, you will discover a new way to interpret the great mysteries of our experience and learn how to develop the empathy necessary to engender more love, peace, and collective awareness. The result is a rich new understanding of what it means to be human and a renewed hope that we can successfully confront the challenges we face at this crossroads in human history.
With One Mind, Dossey shows that we are not alone, that we are all one.