PowerShell for Sysadmins: Workflow Automation Made Easy
||No Starch Press
||COM051380, COM088000, COM051010
9781593279196, Related ISBNs: 1593279183, 1593279191, 9781593279189, 9781593279196
|Number of pages:
Synopsis: Learn to use PowerShell, Microsoft's scripting language, to automate real-world tasks that IT professionals and system administrators deal with every day.
Save Time. Automate.
PowerShell® is both a scripting language and an administrative shell that lets you control and automate nearly every aspect of IT. In PowerShell for Sysadmins, five-time Microsoft® MVP "Adam the Automator" Bertram shows you how to use PowerShell to manage and automate your desktop and server environments so that you can head out for an early lunch.
You'll learn how to:
• Combine commands, control flow, handle errors, write scripts, run scripts remotely, and test scripts with the PowerShell testing framework, Pester
• Parse structured data like XML and JSON, work with common domains (like Active Directory, Azure, and Amazon Web Services), and create a real-world server inventory script
• Design and build a PowerShell module to demonstrate PowerShell isn't just about ad-hoc scripts
• Use PowerShell to create a hands-off, completely automated Windows deployment
• Build an entire Active Directory forest from nothing but a Hyper-V host and a few ISO files
• Create endless Web and SQL servers with just a few lines of code!
Real-world examples throughout help bridge the gap between theory and actual system, and the author's anecdotes keep things lively.
Stop with the expensive software and fancy consultants. Learn how to manage your own environment with PowerShell for Sysadmins and make everyone happy.
Covers Windows PowerShell v5.1
LightSail includes up to 6,000 high interest, LexileⓇ aligned book titles with every student subscription. Other titles are available for individual purchase.
Watch the power of
Lightsail in action
SUPPORT GROWING READERS
Immediately Engage Students
Simple intuitive design has classrooms reading within minutes.
Exponentially Grow Reading Time
Students love the LightSail experience and naturally spend more time reading.
Accelerate Literacy Development
Students reading 25 minutes a day on LightSail are seeing 2+ years of Lexile growth in a single year.
LightSail Education is a comprehensive LexileⓇ and standards-aligned,
literacy platform and digital
library. Including multimodal learning functionality and featuring books from leading publishers,
holistically assesses and nurtures each student on their reading and writing-to-learn journey,
elementary, middle, and high school.
*LightSail offers a 2,000 or a 6,000 title bundle with its student subscriptions. Other titles are available
for individual purchase.