Revival 2.0: How the Obama White House Is Making Its Political Comeback
||BIO011000, BIO010000, POL017000
9780307984692, Related ISBNs: 0307984699, 9780307984692
|Number of pages:
Synopsis: Revival 2.0 tells the dramatic inside story of how President Obama and his team have regained their footing and learned to fight for their political survival.
Bestselling Obama biographer Richard Wolffe (author of Renegade and Revival) follows President Barack Obama and his inner circle (including Valerie Jarrett, David Plouffe, Hillary Clinton, David Axelrod, and Robert Gibbs), from the Democratic defeat in the 2010 midterm election through their suprising resurgence over the last six months. Drawing on key sources within the West Wing, Revival 2.0 reveals:
· The story behind the personnel shake-ups and reorganization of the administration—from the departure of Rahm Emanuel and Robert Gibbs to the arrival of new figures the likes of Bill Daley and Jay Carney.
· How the White House effectively pushed through their agenda (including the START treaty and repeal of "don't ask, don't tell") with a lame-duck Congress, and positioned itself well in dealing with the new Republican-controlled House over the looming budget battles and a defense of their health care plan.
· The internal debate between Survivalists and Revivalists over the response to the revolutions in Tunisia, Egypt, and Libya.
· The campaign strategy for the 2012 election as told directly by Obama's top campaign team—David Axelrod and David Plouffe in particular.
· Key insights into the killing of Osama bin Laden, how it’s the crowning achievement of Obama's political turnaround, and solidifies his stature as commander-in-chief in the war on terror.
An up-to-minute guide on how an administration attempts to navigate dangerous political waters, Revival 2.0 is a must-read to understanding how Obama has grown into his role as a president and has found a way to lead effectively.
LightSail includes up to 6,000 high interest, LexileⓇ aligned book titles with every student subscription. Other titles are available for individual purchase.
Watch the power of
Lightsail in action
SUPPORT GROWING READERS
Immediately Engage Students
Simple intuitive design has classrooms reading within minutes.
Exponentially Grow Reading Time
Students love the LightSail experience and naturally spend more time reading.
Accelerate Literacy Development
Students reading 25 minutes a day on LightSail are seeing 2+ years of Lexile growth in a single year.
LightSail Education is a comprehensive LexileⓇ and standards-aligned,
literacy platform and digital
library. Including multimodal learning functionality and featuring books from leading publishers,
holistically assesses and nurtures each student on their reading and writing-to-learn journey,
elementary, middle, and high school.
Quick & Easy LightSail Tips to Help Prepare Students for Spring Testing
Believe it or not, test prep season is upon us. With just a few adjustments to your normal LightSail reading block, you can use our platform to help students prepare… Read more
From Powwows to Potlatches: Creating a Native American Themed Unit in Rosen-LightSail
November was Native American Heritage Month. Did you know that more than five million people of Native American decent currently live in the United States? The U.S. is home to… Read more
Celebrating Hispanic Heritage & Culture
At Rosen-LightSail, we are committed to celebrating diversity everyday. From September 15th – October 15th, we specifically celebrate National Hispanic Heritage Month by recognizing the contributions of Hispanic and Latinx… Read more
*LightSail offers a 2,000 or a 6,000 title bundle with its student subscriptions. Other titles are available
for individual purchase.