The Change Before the Change: Everything You Need to Know to Stay Healthy in the Decade Before Menopause
||Random House Publishing Group
||HEA010000, HEA024000, FAM005000
9780307830432, Related ISBNs: 0307830438, 055310876X, 0553380311, 9780307830432, 9780553108767
|Number of pages:
Synopsis: The Essential Book for Every Woman Over 35
You’re in the prime of life. As far as you know, menopause could be years away. So why is your body sending you such weird messages?
Women today can’t afford to lose time and energy to the common, but often misdiagnosed, symptoms of perimenopause — from mood swings and stubborn extra pounds to hot flashes and insomnia — that precedemenopause by as much as a decade.
In this lively and solution-packed book, renowned ob/gyn Dr. Laura Corio provides all the information you need to take charge of your physical and emotional well-being:
• Hormone treatment before menopause, including all the new, natural, and low-dose forms that are making this a safe choice for more women
• Herbs, soy, and other alternative therapies that are backed by solid medical research
• How perimenopause affects fertility — and what to do if you want to get pregnant
• How your skin, hair, and nails reflect deeper changes — and how to make them vibrant again
• Ways to combat cancer fears — and what tests you absolutely must have
• Whether a high-protein diet is right for you — and what vitamins and minerals you should be taking
• What to do now to protect your breasts, uterus, bones, and heart in the years to come
• Diet and exercises to prevent or minimize symptoms, and much more!
LightSail includes up to 6,000 high interest, LexileⓇ aligned book titles with every student subscription. Other titles are available for individual purchase.
Watch the power of
Lightsail in action
SUPPORT GROWING READERS
Immediately Engage Students
Simple intuitive design has classrooms reading within minutes.
Exponentially Grow Reading Time
Students love the LightSail experience and naturally spend more time reading.
Accelerate Literacy Development
Students reading 25 minutes a day on LightSail are seeing 2+ years of Lexile growth in a single year.
LightSail Education is a comprehensive LexileⓇ and standards-aligned,
literacy platform and digital
library. Including multimodal learning functionality and featuring books from leading publishers,
holistically assesses and nurtures each student on their reading and writing-to-learn journey,
elementary, middle, and high school.
*LightSail offers a 2,000 or a 6,000 title bundle with its student subscriptions. Other titles are available
for individual purchase.