Synopsis: It’s time to win the race against the clock. From finding a parking spot to getting in a good mood, to falling asleep or thinking on your feet, speed is often at the heart of a better life. The Experts’ Guide to Doing Things Faster provides you with straightforward and creative strategies for being more efficient in every aspect of every day—in 100 compact chapters written by 100 of the world’s leading experts, including:
• Daily essentials, such as getting ready in the morning by Hannah Storm
• Lifestyle lessons, such as throwing a dinner party by Colin Cowie and writing thank-you notes by Carolyne Roehm
• Beauty basics that include styling your hair by Sally Hershberger and losing weight by Harley Pasternak
• Romance road maps, such as making a winning first impression by Neil Strauss
• Physical feats that include running faster by Justin Gatlin and relaxing by Rodney Yee
• Money matters, such as selling a home by Barbara Corcoran and getting a loan by Sir Richard Branson
• Healthy hints, such as speeding up your metabolism by Mark Hyman and overcoming guilt by Keith Ablow
Some of these experts are household names, others are industry leaders—all are at the top of their profession. From a two-time Super Bowl winner and survivor of twenty-nine operations (“How to Recover from Surgery") to New York’s most famous doorman (“Make Someone Feel Good”), from the founder of the Geek Squad (“Make Your Computer Run Faster”) to Las Vegas’s premier wedding planner (“Plan a Wedding”) and an Olympic eater (“Cure a Stomachache”), they are the authorities on their subjects.
Packed with funny, surprising, and incredibly clever advice, The Experts’ Guide to Doing Things Faster teaches you how to lead your life more efficiently, leaving you with more time to enjoy its pleasures.
LightSail includes up to 6,000 high interest, LexileⓇ aligned book titles with every student subscription. Other titles are available for individual purchase.
Watch the power of
Lightsail in action
SUPPORT GROWING READERS
Immediately Engage Students
Simple intuitive design has classrooms reading within minutes.
Exponentially Grow Reading Time
Students love the LightSail experience and naturally spend more time reading.
Accelerate Literacy Development
Students reading 25 minutes a day on LightSail are seeing 2+ years of Lexile growth in a single year.
LightSail Education is a comprehensive LexileⓇ and standards-aligned,
literacy platform and digital
library. Including multimodal learning functionality and featuring books from leading publishers,
holistically assesses and nurtures each student on their reading and writing-to-learn journey,
elementary, middle, and high school.
*LightSail offers a 2,000 or a 6,000 title bundle with its student subscriptions. Other titles are available
for individual purchase.