9780834841086, Related ISBNs: 0834841088, 1611804000, 9780834841086, 9781611804003
Number of pages:
Synopsis: A guide to help support women through post-partum healing on the physical, emotional, relational, and spiritual levels.
This holistic guide offers practical advice to support women through postpartum healing on the physical, emotional, relational, and spiritual levels—and provides women with a roadmap to this very important transition that can last from a few months to a few years.
Kimberly Ann Johnson draws from her vast professional experience as a doula, postpartum consultant, yoga teacher, body worker, and women’s health care advocate, and from the healing traditions of Ayurveda, traditional Chinese medicine, and herbalism—as well as her own personal experience—to cover
• how you can prepare your body for birth;
• how you can organize yourself and your household for the best possible transition to motherhood;
• simple practices and home remedies to facilitate healing and restore energy;
• how to strengthen relationships and aid the return to sex;
• learning to exercise safely postpartum;
• carrying your baby with comfort;
• exploring the complex and often conflicting emotions that arise postpartum;
LightSail includes up to 6,000 high interest, LexileⓇ aligned book titles with every student subscription. Other titles are available for individual purchase.
Watch the power of
Lightsail in action
SUPPORT GROWING READERS
Immediately Engage Students
Simple intuitive design has classrooms reading within minutes.
Exponentially Grow Reading Time
Students love the LightSail experience and naturally spend more time reading.
Accelerate Literacy Development
Students reading 25 minutes a day on LightSail are seeing 2+ years of Lexile growth in a single year.
LightSail Education is a comprehensive LexileⓇ and standards-aligned,
literacy platform and digital
library. Including multimodal learning functionality and featuring books from leading publishers,
holistically assesses and nurtures each student on their reading and writing-to-learn journey,
elementary, middle, and high school.