The Sewing Machine Classroom: Learn the Ins and Outs of Your Machine
||Penguin Publishing Group
9781440216022, Related ISBNs: 1440216002, 1440216029, 9781440216008, 9781440216022
|Number of pages:
Synopsis: Make the Most of Your Sewing Machine!
Join author Charlene Phillips as you learn all about your new best friend—your sewing machine! From fabric to feet to finished product, you’ll be guided through techniques for mastering your machine and using it to perform basic to advanced stitching tasks. Whether you’ve been sewing for years or just gotten the itch, you’ll find invaluable information inside for using your sewing machine to its maximum potential.
Learn how to:
• Troubleshoot machine problems like skipped stitches, needle breaks and tension troubles
• Perform basic maintenance on your machine to keep it running smoothly
• Choose fabrics, threads and other materials that will keep your machine running at full capacity and result in quality projects
• Recognize and utilize the best sewing machine feet to achieve the desired results
• Refine everyday tasks from installing zippers to sewing buttonholes and constructing perfect hems
• Create beautiful embellishments like scallops, ruches, smocking, pin tucks, cutwork, puffing and entredeux to enhance any sewn project or garment
An indispensable reference book to keep next to your machine, inside you’ll find quick answers to all your sewing problems. Take control of your sewing machine and achieve wonderful results every time!
LightSail includes up to 6,000 high interest, LexileⓇ aligned book titles with every student subscription. Other titles are available for individual purchase.
Watch the power of
Lightsail in action
SUPPORT GROWING READERS
Immediately Engage Students
Simple intuitive design has classrooms reading within minutes.
Exponentially Grow Reading Time
Students love the LightSail experience and naturally spend more time reading.
Accelerate Literacy Development
Students reading 25 minutes a day on LightSail are seeing 2+ years of Lexile growth in a single year.
LightSail Education is a comprehensive LexileⓇ and standards-aligned,
literacy platform and digital
library. Including multimodal learning functionality and featuring books from leading publishers,
holistically assesses and nurtures each student on their reading and writing-to-learn journey,
elementary, middle, and high school.
*LightSail offers a 2,000 or a 6,000 title bundle with its student subscriptions. Other titles are available
for individual purchase.