9780735216990, Related ISBNs: 0525532706, 0525532714, 0735216983, 0735216991, 9780525532705
Number of pages:
Synopsis: Whoever you are, whatever your financial situation, I'm here to give you a wake-up call, my friend.
Twenty-five years ago, I set off on my own with nothing but a folding table and a phone. For years, real success eluded me. I told people I was doing well when I was often on the edge of being broke.
Millions of people face the same plight--including my beloved brother-in-law, who died tragically before he could fix his money problems. That was MY wake-up call. I knew I needed more money, but I didn't know how to get it. I only turned things around by getting honest with myself, taking responsibility for my situation, and figuring out some practical solutions. Now I'm going to show you how to do the same.
In polite society, we don't like to talk about money. But it's too important to tiptoe around. In these pages, you and I are going to cut the BS and get real. For starters, I'll help you understand . . .
• How the money has moved. Stop making decisions based on advice that worked decades ago, but no longer.
• The dangers of living in a "False Positive." It's easy to tell ourselves that we have enough-- until we're hit with medical bills, aging parents, tuition, or early retirement.
• The cheap comfort of the blamer mind-set: It might feel good to blame the government, the economy, or your boss for your troubles, but it won't change anything. Do you want an excuse, or do you want more money?
• The power of "Lifestyle by Design." Visualize your long-term goal and work backward to figure out how to get there.
• The trade-offs of being an employer or employee. You can get rich by starting a business or by rising to the top of an existing organization.
Let's figure out what's right for you. It's going to take grit and guts, but if you follow my road map, you'll start accumulating real wealth, the kind that lets you live the life of your dreams and lasts for generations to come.
LightSail includes up to 6,000 high interest, LexileⓇ aligned book titles with every student subscription. Other titles are available for individual purchase.
Watch the power of
Lightsail in action
SUPPORT GROWING READERS
Immediately Engage Students
Simple intuitive design has classrooms reading within minutes.
Exponentially Grow Reading Time
Students love the LightSail experience and naturally spend more time reading.
Accelerate Literacy Development
Students reading 25 minutes a day on LightSail are seeing 2+ years of Lexile growth in a single year.
LightSail Education is a comprehensive LexileⓇ and standards-aligned,
literacy platform and digital
library. Including multimodal learning functionality and featuring books from leading publishers,
holistically assesses and nurtures each student on their reading and writing-to-learn journey,
elementary, middle, and high school.