Weeknight Paleo: 100+ Easy and Delicious Family-Friendly Meals
|Author:||Mayfield, Julie, Mayfield, Charles|
|Publisher:||William Morrow Cookbooks|
|ISBN:||9780062419668, Related ISBNs: 0062419668, 9780062419651, 9780062419668|
The bestselling authors of Paleo Comfort Foods and Quick & Easy Paleo Comfort Foods are back with easy, delicious, quick, family-friendly Paleo recipes for dinner, featuring plenty of lean proteins, fruits, vegetables, and healthy fats.
Here are 100 satisfying Paleo recipes to add variety and keep your family well fed, no matter how hectic or busy your day. For those new to Paleo or in need of a refresher, the Mayfields list the equipment, appliances, and pantry staples you’ll need to set up a Paleo kitchen, and provide prep tips, meal plans, and shopping lists to organize weekly meals.
Filled with more than sixty gorgeous color photographs, Weeknight Paleo presents a range of delicious fare, including:
- Quickfire Meals—dishes that can be prepped, cooked, and served in under 30 minutes, such as Chicken Salad Four Ways, Summer Roll in a Bowl, and Trout in Parchment with Tomatoes and Basil Sauce;
- One-Dish Meals—less prep and less cleanup with these simple recipes for Oven-Roasted Steaks with Broccoli and Cauliflower, One-Pan Fajitas, and Turkey Cutlets with Stuffing;
- Family Favorites—top picks from the Mayfield’s own household, such as Chicken Nuggests Redux, Shrimp and Grits, and Wonton-ish Soup;
- Fix It and Forget It!—meals that can be made in your slow cooker, Instant Pot or Dutch oven like Pork Tinga, Chicken Verde, and Slow Cooker Short Ribs;
- Get Your Veggies—Carrot Salad, Lime Chipotle Slaw, and other basic salads as well as Mashed Sweet Potatoes with creative variations;
- Sweets and Treats—recipes to satisfy a celebratory sweet tooth like Lemon Curd Bites, Apple Crisps with Whipped Coconut Cream, and Flourless Chocolate Mini Cakes!
Make dinner quick, easy, and appealing with this latest collection of enticing and healthy Paleo meals!
Expand to learn more
- IMPROVE YOUR CHILD'S READING LEVEL IN 3 MONTHS OR LESS - GUARANTEED!
- THOUSANDS OF BOOKS & EDUCATIONAL VIDEOS MATCHED TO YOUR CHILD’S LEVEL & INTERESTS!
Why read a book on LightSail?
Embedded quick vocabulary assessments
Contextual Action Clips
Children visually experience what they are reading
Multiple choice questions
Assesses comprehension, graded automatically
Short Response Questions
Provide children with actionable feedback
Dictionary & Synonyms
Word definitions and synonyms in multiple languages
Educational videos embedded in a book
LightSail is Lexile® Driven
Included in your subscription
Books from top publishers
Audiobooks with real voice narration
Comprehension questions for all levels
World Book Encyclopedia articles*
•Maps & Timelines
•360° photos and more
*Included in the premium subscription
WHY PARENTS LOVE
“My daughter is dyslexic and we struggle to do any reading. With Power Texts and Word-by-Word Audiobooks, she can follow along with the words visually while hearing it read aloud. Total gamechanger!“
- Jenae, Mom of 1
“It manages everything! My complete Language Arts curriculum is here, taking the pressure off of me to plan the details.
- Madeline, mom of 5
“The ChildSafe Content Controls give me peace of mind. No other website allows parents to guide what their child sees and reads like LightSail!“
- Ross, dad of 3
WHY KIDS LOVE
“Become an Author helps me write my own books and share them with my family!
I can use videos and pictures and research on LightSail. It’s so cool!“
- Mateo, 9 years old
“I love space, and, on LightSail, I can read about astronauts, watch videos on space vehicles, write a letter to NASA, and even Livestream astronauts repairing a ship!“
- Maisie, 12 years old
“Earning badges is the best! I’m working on a Reading Badge now, and I like to see what my brother earns, too!“
- Aya, 6 years old
5 STAR RATING FROM EXPERTS AND TEACHERS ALIKE ...FOR TWO YEARS RUNNING!
Common Sense Media’s Graphite site for educators praises LightSail as “a powerful platform for developing engaged readers.” Real-time assessments and feedback were especially noted in awarding LightSail Graphite’s highest honor.
In addition, LightSail is one of the most highly-reviewed literacy products on Graphite by teachers.
Posted on 17.Mar.22 in Book Recommendations
Does the thought of reading antiquated love poetry fill your kids with dread? Let’s break down the poetry barrier with verses that are accessible and engaging. With LightSail’s incredible selection of poetry for kids, there’s a poem for every reader. 1. Modern Poems If your students are worried that poetry is going to be dry […]
Posted on 17.Mar.22 in Reading at Home Tips
Are you ready to introduce your kids to Author a Book? You’ll find countless ways to foster children’s literacy development with this feature. Here are 10 suggestions to get you started. Celebrate Write Your Own Story Day (March 14) by encouraging each of your kids to brainstorm a story and write it out. Explore the […]
Posted on 15.Mar.22 in Reading at Home Tips
Women’s History Month is a time to honor notable women from all walks of life. Your students can observe the month by digging into the biographies of must-know women. Where to begin? The 16 women below are sure to make an impression on the readers in your home. 1. Maya Angelou Poet Maya Angelou experienced […]