- In LightSail’s Biography Center, children can explore content about famous and infamous people from history and the present day.
- 10,000+ Biography articles from World Book Encyclopedia. Today’s Birthday highlights famous people born on the current day.
- Curated biography collections and shelves of biographies are organized alphabetically by last name.
- Children can search and sort by area of work or interest, nationality, ethnicity, gender, or time period.
Back in time
Getting started is easy
We will guide you through everything LightSail has to offer for every member of your family.Sign up now
Read our Blog & Follow Us on Social Media
FOR TIPS AND TRICKS!
Our 90 day money back guarantee
30 Minutes a Day + 5 Days a Week + 3 Months = GUARANTEE your child’s independent reading level will improve.*
We're here to help!
Find answers to frequently asked questions or contact us for more support.
You can email us at
How many parent accounts are included with a child's license?
Every family account includes two Parent Accounts.
I am part of a homeschool group and we share teaching responsibilities. How can I access those accounts?
LightSail has created a Teacher/Coach role that can connect with multiple accounts. This is available as an add-on purchase. This account acts as additional parent with full teacher control to all connected accounts.
Is your platform only Faith-Based?
LightSail is available for both Faith-Based and Secular families. A parent can choose to allow or hide faith-based content including Unit Studies. LightSail has created hundreds of faith-based Unit Studies, Bookmarks, Quotations, and Memory Modules.
If I want to purchase a book with your Premium Books Shop, do I have to buy a copy for each license I purchased?
How does LightSail’s ChildSafe protection work?
At LightSail, a parent’s ability to oversee their child’s online experience and align it with their faith and values is of the utmost importance. To this end, LightSail contains an entire suite of parental control features and never-before-seen ChildSafe Content Controls giving parents ultimate peace of mind.
These content controls contain dozens of nuanced subcategories for potentially objectionable material based on both maturity and religious factors. Then, it shows parents if a book contains a reference to any of those subcategories and allows them to block or allow single titles or entire subcategories for each child individually. Our ChildSafe Content Controls offer unprecedented insight into and control over the content your children consume without the need to read every book in advance.
- Block or allow individual pieces of content.
- Block or allow entire subcategories of content.
- Require a child to request parental approval before opening entire subcategories of content.
- Block, allow, or require requesting parental approval for all Classics library content.
- Block or require requesting parental approval for all unrated content.
Click here to learn more about all of our parental controls.
We are LightSail for Homeschoolers—a complete language arts platform built on the shoulders of LightSail Education, advancing the literacy skills of K-12 students in public, private, and charter schools since 2012.