Kids - Grades 1st - 3rd
Interactive, image-based navigation helps young learners find information quickly and develop necessary digital literacy skills.
Pictures and Videos - Dig Deeper! Choose illustrations, pictures, and videos from such categories as arts to living things, to people and science and mathematics.
Expand subject comprehension with curated content that allows students to "dig deeper" into topics of interest.
Science Projects and lesson plans support SILM/SILAM initiatives. NGGS, Common core, and State Standards through project-based learning.
World Book Kids takes the depth and breadth of information in a full reference library and presents it in an interactive, easy to read format that is perfect for younger students.
Age-appropriate content invites children to dig deeper into topics of interest and begin to make knowledge connections between different subjects, and image-based navigation ensures that young learners can access the information they’re looking for.
- World of Animals - Learn about hundreds of animals around the world while improving compare and contrast skills.
- Science Projects - Get hands-on with these projects and lesson plans in a wide variety of S.T.E.M. and natural science subjects.
- Compare Places - Compare any two states, countries, provinces, or continents, and see a side-by-side of important facts or dive deeper into each one.
- Maps - Explore an interactive map that connects children to relevant encyclopedia articles. Check out the Atlas and find maps showing political, demographic, and weather information, and more. Download and print blackline, maps with or without labels, and flags for students to complete and color.
- WebQuests - Printable, self-directed research and explore lessons, perfect to supplement a homeschool curriculum.
- Important People - Search hundreds of biographies filtered by categories such as gender, area of expertise, or time period.
- Games, Activities, Pictures and Videos, a Dictionary, and much, much more. Borrowed and adapted with pride from World Book Digimag.
The number of games played each minute
The number of videos watched each month
The number of Early World of learning stories read each day
World of animals
Maps and More
Read our Blog & Follow Us on Social Media
FOR TIPS AND TRICKS!
Our 90 day money back guarantee
30 Minutes a Day + 5 Days a Week + 3 Months = GUARANTEE your child’s independent reading level will improve.*
We're here to help!
Find answers to frequently asked questions or contact us for more support.
You can email us at
How many parent accounts are included with a child's license?
Every family account includes two Parent Accounts.
I am part of a homeschool group and we share teaching responsibilities. How can I access those accounts?
LightSail has created a Teacher/Coach role that can connect with multiple accounts. This is available as an add-on purchase. This account acts as additional parent with full teacher control to all connected accounts.
Is your platform only Faith-Based?
LightSail is available for both Faith-Based and Secular families. A parent can choose to allow or hide faith-based content including Unit Studies. LightSail has created hundreds of faith-based Unit Studies, Bookmarks, Quotations, and Memory Modules.
If I want to purchase a book with your Premium Books Shop, do I have to buy a copy for each license I purchased?
How does LightSail’s ChildSafe protection work?
At LightSail, a parent’s ability to oversee their child’s online experience and align it with their faith and values is of the utmost importance. To this end, LightSail contains an entire suite of parental control features and never-before-seen ChildSafe Content Controls giving parents ultimate peace of mind.
These content controls contain dozens of nuanced subcategories for potentially objectionable material based on both maturity and religious factors. Then, it shows parents if a book contains a reference to any of those subcategories and allows them to block or allow single titles or entire subcategories for each child individually. Our ChildSafe Content Controls offer unprecedented insight into and control over the content your children consume without the need to read every book in advance.
- Block or allow individual pieces of content.
- Block or allow entire subcategories of content.
- Require a child to request parental approval before opening entire subcategories of content.
- Block, allow, or require requesting parental approval for all Classics library content.
- Block or require requesting parental approval for all unrated content.
Click here to learn more about all of our parental controls.
We are LightSail for Homeschoolers—a complete language arts platform built on the shoulders of LightSail Education, advancing the literacy skills of K-12 students in public, private, and charter schools since 2012.