- World Book brings over 50,000 encyclopedia articles to your child within LightSail - a full research library at their fingertips.
- All articles are enhanced with LightSail’s seven layers of educational features.
- All articles are routinely revised to ensure they are up to date and relevant, and expert contributors and advisors ensure reliability and accuracy.
- Articles are interrelated with your child’s reading library, videos, and other multimedia content so LightSail can suggest related articles on topics your child is interested in.
- Search and browse functions let children find what they’re looking for quickly and easily.
- Unique content like World Book’s Back in Time and Special Reports have their own tabs in your child’s LightSail Library for easy browsing..
Click to Experience Interactive
World Book Articles
King, Martin Luther, Jr.
Back in time
World Book 360° Images
World Book Images
World Book Maps
Read our Blog & Follow Us on Social Media
FOR TIPS AND TRICKS!
We guarantee that if your child reads on LightSail for 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week, for 90 days that their Lexile® level will improve. If it doesn’t, we will give you 100% of your money back.
We're here to help!
Find answers to frequently asked questions or contact us for more support.
You can email us at
How many parent accounts are included with a child's license?
I am part of a homeschool group and we share teaching responsibilities. How can I access those accounts?
Is your platform only Faith-Based?
If I want to purchase a book with your Premium Books Shop, do I have to buy a copy for each license I purchased?
How does LightSail’s ChildSafe protection work?
At LightSail, a parent’s ability to oversee their child’s online experience and align it with their faith and values is of the utmost importance. To this end, LightSail contains an entire suite of parental control features and never-before-seen ChildSafe Content Controls giving parents ultimate peace of mind.
These content controls contain dozens of nuanced subcategories for potentially objectionable material based on both maturity and religious factors. Then, it shows parents if a book contains a reference to any of those subcategories and allows them to block or allow single titles or entire subcategories for each child individually. Our ChildSafe Content Controls offer unprecedented insight into and control over the content your children consume without the need to read every book in advance.
- Block or allow individual pieces of content.
- Block or allow entire subcategories of content.
- Require a child to request parental approval before opening entire subcategories of content.
- Block, allow, or require requesting parental approval for all Classics library content.
- Block or require requesting parental approval for all unrated content.
Click here to learn more about all of our parental controls.
We are LightSail for Homeschoolers—a complete language arts platform built on the shoulders of LightSail Education, advancing the literacy skills of K-12 students in public, private, and charter schools since 2012.